A SPECIAL TREAT

A SPECIAL TREAT

I have spoken twice at the Recovery Church in Charlotte, NC where Jim Shock was the pastor. (He is with the Lord now). An amazing thing happened both times I was there.
During my first visit and just before I gave my message, one of the members, named David, went to the podium to read a scripture and say a few words before taking up the offering. The amazing thing is that the very verse he read was my text for the morning message, and my Bible was open to that very verse. Without realizing it he had chosen a Bible verse that just happened to be the topic of my message. When I stood up to speak I told him and the congregation how he had been led by the Spirit to select the exact verse that I was about to speak on, and that his word had confirmed the message I was about to bring.

I spoke at this same church again a few weeks later. Before the meeting started, I went with Pastor Jim and his prayer team to pray for the service. David turned to me with a smile and said, “Well, Billy, we are not going to be able to do it again today. I won't be reading the verse you will be preaching from. I am not reading a Bible verse today, but will be sharing a few other things.” I laughed and said, “We’ll see.”

After the praise and worship and before the message, David went up to receive the offering and say a few words. He began his word with, “If we only have faith when we understand everything, we will live with a lot of doubt. There will be times WHEN YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.” He then took the offering and sat down.
I then went to the podium to bring the morning message. “Well, David,” I said, “we have done it again.” I then held up the first page of my notes and showed him and the congregation a phrase I had previously written in large letters and circled: “WHEN YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.” This time the Lord had led him to quote the exact topic of my message.
This experience was a marvelous example of how Jesus sometimes gives us a special treat. HE delights to reveal Himself to those who love and serve Him.


Please share my blog link with friends you think might be interested.

You can post comments by clicking the "post comment" button below. Or you can email me at broblong@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mrs Parker's Electric Paddle

"That Way I Can Kill the Whole Bird With One Stone."

Some Thoughts on the Manifested Presence of God