WHEN GOD SENDS AN ENCOURAGING WORD

 WHEN GOD SENDS AN ENCOURAGING WORD.

Sometime in February 2001, I stopped by an auto shop a couple miles from my home. As I walked out of the office and across the parking lot to my van I was feeling the stress of financial pressure and a little despair and distress at my perplexity concerning direction for my life. I had cried out to the Lord in prayer the night before, and Laurel and I had prayed together before I left the house that morning.
As I walked across the parking lot, a black fellow in a bright red shirt who was at the other end of the building yelled to me across the parking lot, “God will make a way! No matter what the trouble, God will make a way! Just praise Him!” I did not know this man. I had never seen him before. But I received his word as from an angel of God, for he was truly sent to me by the Lord.
Then, like icing on the cake, the very next week, our grandson Christian, who was not more than 3 years old at the time, just out of the blue said to Laurel, “God will take care of you, gammy.”
I believe the Lord speaks to us on every side if we will listen. He reveals Himself and strengthens us as we face the issues of life. That word does not remove us from the battle, but rather helps us to “fight the good fight” (1 Timothy 1:18).
"But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord. I say, 'You are my God. My times are in Your hand.' "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mrs Parker's Electric Paddle

"That Way I Can Kill the Whole Bird With One Stone."

Some Thoughts on the Manifested Presence of God