THREE TESTIMONIES OF HEALING.

Here are three testimonies of miraculous healings from way back in 1967. These experiences occurred in our community during the months before I went off to college.

FEET HEALED OF RARE FUNGUS INFECTION

Here is Kim’s testimony of a miraculous healing he received when he was just a little kid back in 1967. He sent me the following email this week.

Riding in the bed of that black Chevy pickup sure does bring back memories. Your message though brings back even more. Do you remember healing my feet through Jesus Christ? I had some kind of fungus or skin infection on both feet. Dr. Thomas said it was rare, treatable, but hard to heal. I had to soak my feet every night in some kind of a foot cocktail that had turned my feet black. When you saw my feet one day and asked about the blackness, dad told you about it. You asked me if I wanted God to heal my feet right then and I said yeah. You prayed and laid your hands on my black, and probably dirty since we ran around barefoot all the time, and I knew that instant, I was healed. And I was. I never soaked my feet or took any more medicine, and in a few weeks my feet were no longer black and looked really good. When you prayed, I didn’t mind the itching, occasional bleeding, peeling, or even the black coloration. But I thought if I had to soak my feet for another night for an hour, I would die! Ha Ha. That’s how we think as kids. Did I believe Jesus was going to heal my feet? Absolutely!  I don’t think I’ll ever forget that day. Thanks Billy, I’m not sure if I ever thanked you for taking the time to heal my feet.  “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.” Amen 

MIGRAIN HEADACHE

Here is another miracle that happened one evening during the summer of 1967 when I visited a family in our community. Walking into the house I noticed a lady seated on the sofa with an intense and angry look on her face.  When I finished my visit and was about to leave, I noticed the lady still had that painful look on her face.  I asked if she was okay, and she informed me she was suffering from a tormenting migraine headache. I offered to pray for her, and she agreed. I quoted the Bible verse where Jesus told His disciples to heal the sick. I then said the prayer. As I Iaid my hand on her head she made a quick, deep gasp and began to weep. The pain had immediately left, and she was instantly healed.

MR. HARRY

In the spring of 1967, during my senior year of high school, a friend named Sharon told me her father was in the hospital and they did not expect him to live. The family had been called in and they were asking me to go pray for him.

I know that comfort is an important ministry of the Holy Spirit, especially during sickness and difficult times. But when I walked into that hospital room, I felt emboldened to say, “I did not come to pray for you to be comforted; I came to pray for you to be healed.” I walked over to the bed, and the family joined me as I prayed and laid my hand on Mr. Harry’s head. The presence of the Lord was with us.

 A day or two later I was standing in the field behind my parents’ home when I saw a car drive up and stop. Mr. Harry’s daughter Sharon exited the car and walked up to me with a big smile as she told me her father was well, had been dismissed from the hospital, and was back home.

SCRIPTURE VERSES

Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up.” James 5:14-15.

“And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature…and these signs shall follow those who believe: In My name they will…lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” Mark 16: 15-18

“…grant to your servants that with all boldness they may speak your word, by stretching out your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of your holy Servant Jesus.” Acts 4:29-30.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mrs Parker's Electric Paddle

"That Way I Can Kill the Whole Bird With One Stone."

Some Thoughts on the Manifested Presence of God