A prayer when mistreated

This was my prayer when going through a particularly difficult time:

Aug 18, 1994, My prayer this morning:

“That I engage the Lord properly in order to come through this situation…in faith…in love…in purity…pleasing the Lord…and that I come through it with a pure word.
I do not want to proceed with a ‘chip on my shoulder,’ cynical, bitter, in self-pity, and thus risk this coloring and tainting my message and life henceforth.
I want to engage the Lord in such a way as to minister and speak with attitudes and words of grace and purity that are such that ‘none fall to the ground.’ (1 Sam 3)
Let my message, rather than being tainted, let it be refined as silver is refined in the fire.
Let me know how to be full of grace and truth in facing this and all other situations I may encounter."
---B Long

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mrs Parker's Electric Paddle

"That Way I Can Kill the Whole Bird With One Stone."

Some Thoughts on the Manifested Presence of God